Explore the foundations of public health and analyze problems through a lens of environmental policy, communication, and social behavior. This online certificate program from Johnson & Wales uses case studies and real-life scenarios to analyze specific health issues and how they can impact a population. Topics of study include epidemiologic methodologies, innovative research designs, population sampling methods, public health policy and implementation, and more.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Health & Wellness.
- 8 months or less to complete your program
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
- Take advantage of our online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Learn from faculty with industry experience who integrate theory with practice
- Acquire real-world exposure through our experiential education model
- Prepare for entry-level opportunities within the public health field
- Earn credit applicable toward your future JWU undergraduate degree
- Introduction to Public Health
- Research Methods for Health Science
- Research Capstone
*Required documentation of knowledge of basic statistics is required to enroll in this program or MATH2001.
- Proof of high school completion or a GED is required for admission to this program.
Note: Students who enroll in this certificate program are ineligible for financial aid. Contact Online Student Financial Services (855-598-5040 or [email protected]) for options.