This program is launching in Spring 2019.
If you want to make your mark in an industry that puts the needs of others first, there’s no better way to prepare than with a nonprofit management certificate. Gain the edge you need to take your place among nonprofit leaders with an online graduate certificate focused in nonprofit management from Johnson & Wales University. Developed in partnership with industry experts, coursework in this 100-percent online certificate program will give you the nonprofit leadership educational exposure you need to effectively manage within the sector. Plus, every credit earned in your graduate certificate in nonprofit management can be applied to one of JWU’s many graduate degree programs in this area of focus.
- Complete your program in less than 1 year
- 4 courses in program
- 8-week courses
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
- Option to apply courses to a master's degree focused in nonprofit management
Our online programs in nonprofit leadership were developed in collaboration with industry experts to help you attain the skills necessary to take your career to the next level. You’ll learn to:
- Take charge of critical aspects of leading not-for-profits, from HR to marketing
- Manage and maintain working relationships with public agencies and private businesses
- Sharpen your sound decision-making tactics on the organizational level
- Take advantage of our online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Learn from faculty with industry experience who integrate theory with practice
- Acquire real-world exposure through our experiential education model
- Prepare for leadership opportunities within the non-profit business sector
- Earn credit applicable toward your future JWU graduate degree in the area of nonprofit management
Coursework for your Graduate Certificate online program in Nonprofit Management includes:
- Theory and Practice of Nonprofit Management
- Public, Private and Nonprofit Collaboration
Plus, your choice of two of the following courses:
- Methodological, Decision-Making and Analytic Techniques
- Financial Management and Budgeting in Nonprofit Organizations
- Program Evaluation
- Resource Development for Nonprofits
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Personnel Deployment in Nonprofits
- Ethics and Social Change
Read complete course descriptions for more information.
Note: Students who enroll in this certificate program are ineligible for financial aid. Contact Online Student Financial Services (855-598-5040 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for options.