Develop the skills you need to succeed in a homeland security or public administration role with an online Master of Public Administration degree from Johnson & Wales University.
This online MPA — Homeland Security program combines public administration basics with a specialized study in the inter-agency cooperation required at each level of government in order to meet the threats of terrorism and disasters.
Upon graduation, you will be poised for a variety of homeland security jobs, including homeland security management, emergency management, protective service operations, threat detection and assessment, disaster planning, and public health security.
Now enrolling for Summer 2019!
- Complete your degree in 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Critically analyze and use knowledge of academic theory, legal issues and/or regulations to inform ethical practice and policy formation within public and third sector organizations/agencies.
- Manage and apply effective standards of public and third sector governance within organizational structures.
- Assess and effectively manage sector-specific functions, programs and resources.
- Advance professional communication, public outreach and responsiveness standards in a manner that promotes accountability, inclusion and other public service value.
- Leverage inter-agency relationships to prevent and/or mitigate terrorism and/or disasters from the local level to the national level.
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience in the criminal justice field, who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Emergency Management and Planning
- Public Administration and Governance
- Technology and GIS in the Criminal Justice System
Review the course descriptions for more information.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Public Administration degree.