Develop the skills you need to succeed in a homeland security or public administration role with an online Master of Public Administration degree from Johnson & Wales University.
This online MPA — Homeland Security program combines public administration basics with a specialized study in the inter-agency cooperation required at each level of government in order to meet the threats of terrorism and disasters.
Upon graduation, you will be poised for a variety of homeland security jobs, including homeland security management, emergency management, protective service operations, threat detection and assessment, disaster planning, and public health security.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s John Hazen White College of Arts & Sciences.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 95.4% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
What You’ll Learn
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Critically analyze and use knowledge of academic theory, legal issues and/or regulations to inform ethical practice and policy formation within public and third sector organizations/agencies.
- Manage and apply effective standards of public and third sector governance within organizational structures.
- Assess and effectively manage sector-specific functions, programs and resources.
- Advance professional communication, public outreach and responsiveness standards in a manner that promotes accountability, inclusion and other public service value.
- Leverage inter-agency relationships to prevent and/or mitigate terrorism and/or disasters from the local level to the national level.
Why Earn Your Online Master of Public Administration – Homeland Security with JWU?
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience in the criminal justice field, who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Emergency Management and Planning
- Public Administration and Governance
- Technology and GIS in the Criminal Justice System
Click here for complete course information for the program.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Public Administration degree.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Homeland Security careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.