Reach your professional goals with a Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree from Johnson & Wales University!
This online MPA degree with a concentration in human resource management takes a multifaceted approach to management that includes leadership, personnel management, policy/program evaluation, diversity, and ethical governance. Students in this program will be poised to work in a variety of fields after graduation, including government agencies, health organizations, justice administration and law enforcement, and not-for-profit organizations.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this program, graduates are expected to:
- Critically analyze and use knowledge of academic theory, legal issues and/or regulations to inform ethical practice and policy format within public and third sector organizations/agencies.
- Manage and apply effective standards of public and third sector governance within organizational structures.
- Assess and effectively manage sector-specific functions, programs and resources.
- Advance professional communication, public outreach and responsiveness standards in a manner that promotes accountability, inclusion and other public service values.
- Apply professional standards and practices for ethical conduct, legal requirements and regulatory guidelines in the administration of human resource policies and procedures.
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
During this program, students will take courses like:
- Effective Leadership
- Public Administration and Governance
- Organizational Training and Development
- And more
Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Public Administration degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Human Resource Management careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.