Deepen your expertise in the public sector and stand out in the criminal justice field.
This Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree with a concentration in criminal justice provides an in-depth study of effective criminal justice practices and public administration methodologies—and delivers a targeted knowledge of logistics strategy, operations management, and systems analysis. This body of knowledge will serve as a benchmark for achievements and a common roadmap for continuous improvement and workforce development.
Developed in partnership with successful industry experts, this master’s degree prepares students to be strategic and creative problem-solvers in today’s evolving law enforcement landscape. This criminal justice master's program is designed to boost current law enforcement practitioners to new heights and prepare them for various management and leadership roles within the industry.
Apply today! This program is launching in Fall 2018.
- Complete your degree in as few as two years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this program, graduates are expected to:
- Critically analyze and use knowledge of academic theory, legal issues and/or regulations to inform ethical practice and policy formation within public and third sector organizations/agencies.
- Manage and apply effective standards of public and third sector governance within organizational structures.
- Assess and effectively manage sector-specific functions, programs, and resources.
- Advance professional communication, public outreach, and responsiveness standards in a manner that promotes accountability, inclusion, and other public service values.
- Utilize team leadership skills that include collaboration, problem-solving, ethical awareness, and appreciation of diversity to address problems faced by criminal justice agencies.
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience in the criminal justice field, who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Public Policy and Governance
- Public Personnel Administration
- Advanced Administration of Criminal Justice
- Advanced Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- Juvenile Justice Issues
- And more
For more information, read the MPA - Criminal Justice program overview.
Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Public Administration degree.
"The MPA program with a concentration in Criminal Justice is designed to further a student's education in the field of law enforcement. It's built for someone who is a practitioner already. This program sets the foundation for career advancement." —Murray Widener, DPA