More than ever before, finance professionals need extensive training to be successful. And at Johnson & Wales, that’s exactly what you’ll get. This online program will teach you how to make the most of complex financial software and theory to help you find value for your clients. As a student in this master's degree program, you can choose one of two tracks designed to help you become a financial planner or a Chartered Financial Analyst.
If your interest lies in financial planning, it's important to know that JWU offers the CFP Certification Professional Education Program. This program is registered with the CFP Board, which means that students can meet the Education requirement and qualify to sit for CFP® Certification Examination administered by the CFP Board. Only about 200 institutions of higher education nationwide meet such a requirement.
- Complete your degree in 15 months
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
During the online master’s in finance program, you’ll learn how to:
- Apply financial theories to solve organizational and consumer economic challenges
- Apply quantitative and qualitative methods to solve financial problems
- Develop effective oral and written communication skills
- Critique and interpret financial data to assess and improve entity performance
- Operate in a moral and ethical manner
- Earn your degree at your own pace in as little as 15 months with our accelerated schedule
- Professionally accredited faculty with subject matter expertise worked closely with the thought leaders in the field to design a program that mirrors the needs of today’s market demands
- Specialize in one of two areas designed to help you become a financial planner or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Embrace the flexibility of a fully online program and take your career to the next level
- If you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. For more on graduate admissions requirements, click here
If you're wondering, "What can I do with my degree in finance," we can help you navigate your career path. As a finance professional, you can focus your knowledge and expertise on helping individuals, businesses, and/or banking institutions make sound decisions and discover financial solutions. To explore various career paths available and read about successful Johnson & Wales University alumni in the field, click here.
- Financial Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Financial Reporting & Control
- Fundamentals of Investment & Portfolio Management
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.
Johnson & Wales University also offers an online Master of Business Administration — Finance degree.
“The Master of Science — Finance prepares students precisely for the challenges in today's business world. The program provides a practical way to build the fundamental skills that multinational firms are seeking in their future leaders.” — Alex Gialanella, PhD