Advance your career in information security with this graduate degree from Johnson & Wales University. You’ll gain expertise in planning, implementing, and managing system- and enterprise-level security through your study of networks, communication channels and information, and core competencies in both technology and business. This program is targeted for students who have bachelor’s degrees in information technology, computer science, and network and software engineering, as well as others who have earned bachelor’s degrees in fields outside these areas but are looking to take on management roles in the rapidly growing field of information security.
- Complete your degree in 15 months
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders and scholars
- Career-focused curriculum
As a student in the MS – Information Security/Assurance degree program, you'll develop the skills needed to:
- Research, establish and apply strategies and solutions that demonstrate an understanding of security foundations and the practical applications in the information security/assurance field
- Integrate information security solutions through the alignment of appropriate security methodologies to different security situations
- Develop system security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures
- Propose and test policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and availability and the prevention of unauthorized access
- Effectively communicate information security assessments, plans and actions to all stakeholders, both technical and nontechnical
- Assess and summarize the legal standards, laws and regulations related to information security/assurance in the global community
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers
While pursuing your online master's degree, you'll take major courses like:
- Research Methods in Information Security
- Foundations of Information Security Management
- Network Security and Cryptography
- Digital/Computer Forensics and Investigation
- And More
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Information Security/Assurance careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.