Deepen your expertise in the public sector and stand out in the criminal justice field.
This Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree with a concentration in criminal justice provides an in-depth study of effective criminal justice practices and public administration methodologies—and delivers a targeted knowledge of logistics strategy, operations management, and systems analysis. This body of knowledge will serve as a benchmark for achievements and a common roadmap for continuous improvement and workforce development.
Developed in partnership with successful industry experts, this master’s degree prepares students to be strategic and creative problem-solvers in today’s evolving law enforcement landscape. This criminal justice master's program is designed to boost current law enforcement practitioners to new heights and prepare them for various management and leadership roles within the industry.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this program, graduates are expected to:
- Critically analyze and use knowledge of academic theory, legal issues and/or regulations to inform ethical practice and policy formation within public and third sector organizations/agencies.
- Manage and apply effective standards of public and third sector governance within organizational structures.
- Assess and effectively manage sector-specific functions, programs and resources.
- Advance professional communication, public outreach, and responsiveness standards in a manner that promotes accountability, inclusion, and other public service values.
- Utilize team leadership skills that include collaboration, problem solving, ethical awareness and appreciation of diversity to address problems faced by CJ agencies.
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience in the criminal justice field, who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Public Policy and Governance
- Public Personnel Administration
- Advanced Administration of Criminal Justice
- Advanced Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- Juvenile Justice Issues
- And more
Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Public Administration degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Criminal Justice careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
"The MPA program with a concentration in Criminal Justice is designed to further a student's education in the field of law enforcement. It's built for someone who is a practitioner already. This program sets the foundation for career advancement." —Murray Widener, DPA