Learn to lead a nonprofit organization with an MPA.
This online Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree with a concentration in Nonprofit Management is designed for students who have a passion for public service and a desire to lead a nonprofit organization. Through this online program, students will study effective leadership, public personnel administration, social entrepreneurship, and more.
This online program links theory, policy, and practice, giving students the unique skills required for management opportunities in a nonprofit setting.
- Complete your degree in 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this program, graduates are expected to:
- Critically analyze and use knowledge of academic theory, legal issues and/or regulations to inform ethical practice and policy formation within public and third sector organizations/agencies.
- Manage and apply effective standards of public and third sector governance within organizational structures.
- Assess and effectively manage sector-specific functions, programs, and resources.
- Advance professional communication, public outreach, and responsiveness standards in a manner that promotes accountability, inclusion and other public service values.
- Apply theories, policies, and practices of nonprofit management to facilitate collaborative efforts between public/nonprofit and private/nonprofit organizations.
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
During this program, students will take courses such as:
- Effective Leadership
- Public Personnel Administration
- Public, Private and Nonprofit Collaboration
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Ethics and Social Change
- And more
Click here for complete course information for the program.
Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Public Administration degree.
"This program is designed to be a growing experience for people currently working in the nonprofit field. The goal is to have you learn things in your classes and then apply them directly to your career." — Tom Eskey, DPA, CNAP