Organizations—small and large, local and global—are looking for specialists in the areas of human resources, compensation/benefits, and training, and the demand is expected to continue over the next decade. Stand out with your expertise in the growing field of organizational psychology in this psychology graduate program. Students will deepen their understanding of how to positively impact workplace environments with socio-cultural solutions through their study of team dynamics, talent development, organizational culture, and more. Graduates will achieve a higher level of thinking which can position them to strategically influence organizational change.
Online graduate psychology programs offer flexibility, and JWU's organizational psychology master's is no exception. Students considering graduate school psychology programs may seek either a professional or scholarly focus. A special feature of this MS — Organizational Psychology degree is that students can tailor their coursework to culminate either in a capstone project or in a thesis.
Apply today! This program is launching in Fall 2018.
*This MS – Organizational Psychology degree is tailored for students with either (a) an undergraduate business degree with a minor in psychology or (b) an undergraduate psychology degree with a minor in business. If applicants lack the appropriate undergraduate courses/programs, additional prerequisites and/or foundation courses may be required.
- Complete your degree in less than 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Use psychological theories and evidence-based approaches to resolve issues involving individuals and groups in the workplace
- Employ professional communication skills to assess, explain and influence individual group and organizational behavior
- Institute ethical and socially responsible practices to positively influence organizational culture
- Evaluate and integrate relevant academic/professional literature to formulate action plans to improve group and team performance in alignment with organizational competency models
- Demonstrate a developed professional identity as a scholar-practitioner that reflects a deep understanding of key issues facing the field of organizational psychology
As a student in this master's program in organizational psychology at Johnson & Wales, you can:
- Earn your degree at your own pace with our accelerated schedule
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Benefit from challenging coursework, designed to build your management skills
- Engage in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
Students pursuing this degree program will deepen their knowledge of organizational psychology with courses such as:
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Organizational Theory and Change
- Coaching and Consultation Skills
- Team Dynamics
- And More
For more information, read the MS - Organizational Psychology program overview.
Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science (MS) degree.
"Students will gain a greater understanding of the social and psychological components of how organizations work." — Scott Lyons, EdD