Develop your creative and strategic skills with this degree program aimed at equipping you with the knowledge you need to excel in the advertising or marketing fields. Learn to build effective campaigns through your understanding of consumer behavior, qualitative and quantitative research methods, media planning and buying, and how to best communicate through advertising, public relations, sales promotion, and Internet marketing.
This degree program requires at least two full years of full-time work experience beyond the date of high school graduation or completion.
- Complete your degree in 4 years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
As a student in the BS — Advertising & Marketing Communications degree program, you’ll acquire the ability to:
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values of the advertising industry
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes, and situations through a variety of professional methods as required by the advertising industry
- Use decision-support tools to resolve contemporary business issues using ethical business practices
- Analyze research and apply critical thinking to identify and recommend appropriate communications-based solutions for client/brand challenges that include traditional, digital, and social executions
- Develop branding and creative strategies for fully integrated campaigns that align with marketing and communications objectives for local, national and global brands
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers in advertising
While pursuing your Advertising & Marketing Communications bachelor’s degree, you’ll take major courses like:
- Creative Concepts and Strategy
- Public Relations and Corporate Communications
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Media Strategy
- Brand Marketing
- And More
*Graduates of this degree program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Advertising & Marketing Communications careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.