Have you thought about pursuing a career in communications? There are any number of career paths available to professionals who know how to communicate clearly and effectively.
Want to pursue a passion for social justice? Learn what it takes to run grassroots campaigns on social networks and mass media. Ready to take your business career to the next level? Gain the skills you need to explore advancement opportunities in marketing, public relations and more. Do you simply want to build stronger relationships, in and out of the workplace? Develop the writing, speaking and presenting skills you need to effectively communicate, personally and professionally.
Give yourself the communication skills you need to be effective no matter what career path you choose to follow with the Bachelor of Arts – Communication from Johnson & Wales University online.
This fully online undergraduate degree offers an in-depth look at communications as a whole and gives you the opportunity to build upon foundational principles as well as current industry trends. Coursework runs the gamut of communication essentials. You’ll cover communicating in relationships, the elements of persuasion, critical perspectives on new media and more. Plus, this program offers a number of electives and minors—as well as a specialization in professional communication—to help you tailor your degree to your career aspirations.
Graduates of this program will be poised to enter a career in communications, including business, human resource management, mass media, mass communications and more. Get your professional communications career of to the right start with this online communication degree program from Johnson & Wales University.
Now enrolling for spring 2021!
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
- 4 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length*
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
This online communication degree from Johnson & Wales University will give you the tools you need to increase the effectiveness of your personal communication efforts. And it offers the insights and practical understanding of communication essentials necessary to pursue a career in public relations, mass media, technical writing, business communications and more. Coursework covers areas like oral communication, visual communication, communicating across culture, persuasion, communicating for social change and more. These are the skills, insights and communication knowledgebase you need to advance your career no matter what industry or field you choose to pursue. Upon completion of this online bachelor’s degree program in communications, graduates will have the knowledgebase needed to:
- Discuss the research literature of the subfields of communication, such as organizational, interpersonal, intercultural, rhetorical or media.
- Analyze the processes of how humans communicate to solve problems where ethical judgments, professional values, and culturally sensitive competencies are required.
- Develop purposeful messages in a variety of mediums for a range of audiences, from mass communications to one-on-one discussions.
- Apply communication theories and methods to the creation of original work.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
While pursuing your bachelor of arts in communication, you’ll take major courses like:
- Communicating for Social Change
- Visual Communication
- The Elements of Persuasion
- Psychology of Conflict Resolution
- And more
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.