Build strong working relationships with an online communications bachelor's degree from Johnson & Wales University.
This fully online undergraduate degree provides students with an in-depth look at communications as a whole and gives students the opportunity to build upon foundational principles as well as current industry trends. Graduates of this program will be poised to enter a career in communications, including business, human resource management, media, and more. Students in this program may opt to declare a specialization in professional communication if they choose.
Now enrolling for spring 2021!
- 4 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Discuss the research literature of the subfields of communication, such as organizational, interpersonal, intercultural, rhetorical or media.
- Analyze the processes of how humans communicate to solve problems where ethical judgments, professional values, and culturally-sensitive competencies are required.
- Develop purposeful messages in a variety of mediums for a range of audiences.
- Apply communication theories and methods to the creation of original work.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
While pursuing your bachelor of arts in communication, you’ll take major courses like:
- Communicating for Social Change
- Visual Communication
- The Elements of Persuasion
- Psychology of Conflict Resolution
- And more.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.