Master the appropriate analytical tools you need to observe the world with an online economics degree from Johnson & Wales University.
Through your online coursework, you will understand how to use economic theory as an analytical tool and how it will be used to examine real world markets, institutions, and behaviors. Students will study topics such as economic organization, market process, entrepreneurship, and public policy.
Prepare yourself for a future career in economics, today!
Now enrolling for Summer 2019.
- Complete your degree in four years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this bachelor of arts in economics degree, graduates are expected to:
- Demonstrate fluency with contemporary and historical economic thinking.
- Use modeling, frameworks and similar tools to explain economic concepts, principles and theories.
- Apply economic theories and analytical tools to interpret real-world economic problems.
- Analyze the rule of non-market forces and institutions in economic decision-making.
- Conduct economic research, interpret economic data and effectively communicate economic ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Benefit from our 100-percent online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of careers in business
While pursuing your economics degree online, you’ll take major courses like:
- Contemporary Economic Issues
- And more
Review the course descriptions for more information on this program.
*Graduates of this degree program will earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.