Are you looking for a career in the thriving healthcare industry? JWU’s fully online health science bachelor’s program with a focus in health promotion prepares graduates for entry-level careers in health promotion, public health, and health and policy administration. In addition, this degree is a great stepping stone to future graduate study in counseling psychology, bioinformatics, or public heath.
During your coursework, you'll build a strong foundation in core public health subject areas. Dive deep with your interdisciplinary team of educators into topics concerning health and wellness, as you gain a holistic overview of nutrition, exercise science, psychology, sociology, public health, and economics and their importance to patient-centered, humanistic healthcare delivery. Tomorrow's healthcare leaders need to be problem solvers and critical thinkers—through this bachelor's degree program, you'll be able to synethize your knowledge into best practices and solutions that better the field.
This health science degree program requires at least two full years of full-time work experience beyond the date of high school graduation or completion.
The JWU College of Online Education also offers a Health Managament pathway for the Health Science bachelor's degree. The Health Science pathway, which prepares students for careers in medicine or research, is only available at the Providence Campus.
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
What can you do with a health science degree? As a student in the Health Sciences – Health Promotion program, you’ll learn to:
- Apply fundamental biologic, socio-economic, behavioral, ethical, cultural and spiritual principles to the practice of health and wellness
- Synthesize foundational knowledge and the results of inquiry and research
- Effectively communicate health and wellness principles to diverse populations
- Demonstrate empathy and respect inherent to humanism within health and wellness domains
- Work collaboratively as a member of a health and wellness team to improve individual and community outcomes
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Gain a strong foundation across scientific disciplines
While pursuing your online degree in Health Science – Health Promotion, you'll take courses like:
- Determinants of Health
- Health Policy, Ethics and the Law
- Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Introduction to Global Health
- Health Education and Program Planning
- And More
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.