Whether you aspire to manage operations at a hotel or resort, run a boutique hotel or bed-and-breakfast, or oversee a hospitality chain at the corporate level, this Hotel & Resort Management bachelor's degree will give you the career insight and knowledge you need to succeed. Learn from respected and connected experts, who understand and teach the many facets of the field. From studying courses centered around revenue management, marketing and brand, international property development, food-and-beverage systems, and more, graduates will be well-versed in the industry and professionally prepared to excel in their careers.
This degree program requires at least two full years of full-time work experience beyond the date of high school graduation or completion.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Hospitality Management.
- 4 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length*
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 96.8% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Use the major concepts, skills and values of the hotel and resort industry to address industry problems both locally and globally.
- Communicate effectively to diverse stakeholders in the hotel and resort industry.
- Use decision support tools to solve problems and facilitate organizational processes within the hotel and resort operating environment.
- Apply financial reasoning and performance analysis to optimize performance within hotel and resort operations.
- Maximize the human and financial resources to promote sustainable hotel and resort operations through ethically responsible decision-making.
- Benefit from our convenient, online format
- Apply learned techniques in real-world scenarios and projects
- Complete electives and requirements from a broad variety of courses
- Learn from experienced instructors who help you connect theory with practice
During our online Hotel & Resort Management bachelor's degree, you’ll take major courses like:
- Managing the Hotel Guest Experience
- Resort, Vacation Ownership and Spa Management
- Sustainable Hotel Support Operations
- Hospitality Strategic Marketing
- Food Service in Hospitality and Tourism
- And More
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Hotel & Lodging Management careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.