Interested in event management? Gain the skills and insight you need to succeed in the multibillion-dollar sports, entertainment, and event management industry with this bachelor’s degree from Johnson & Wales University. You’ll acquire a strong business foundation to fuel your career in this fast-moving field, and then build upon that knowledge with advanced coursework in such areas as media literacy, ticketing methods, venue management, and negotiations and agreements. In addition, the program allows you to specialize your studies in major elective classes that will directly impact your chosen career path, such as professional sports management; event planning within the corporate, nonprofit, and hospitality industry; sports and entertainment marketing; tournament management; concert and event production; and more.
This degree program requires at least two full years of full-time work experience beyond the date of high school graduation or completion.
- Complete your degree in 4 years or less
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry experts
- Career-focused curriculum
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values of the sports, entertainment and event management industry by integrating the concepts of marketing, finance, operations and ancillary services in the management of a range of events
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations in a variety of contexts within the sports, entertainment and event management industry
- Use decision-support tools to solve problems and facilitate organizational processes by applying critical thinking and ethical problem solving to management decisions within the sports, entertainment and event management industry
- Apply the principles of management to current issues in the sports, entertainment and event management industry
- Demonstrate leadership skills and adapt them to a diverse global market in the sports, entertainment and event management industry
- Benefit from our convenient, online format
- Apply learned techniques in real-world scenarios and projects
- Complete electives and requirements from a broad variety of courses
- Learn from experienced instructors who help you connect theory with practice
- Begin coursework in your major during your freshman year
During our online Sports, Entertainment, Event — Management bachelor's degree, you can choose major courses such as:
- Professional Sports Management
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Concert and Event Production
- Weddings & Ceremonies
- International Exhibitions & Events
- Athletic Coaching and Administration
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Sports, Entertainment, Event — Management careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.