Happy Summer! It’s time to unwind, explore, and enjoy yourself. But before you head out on your next adventure, consider these top travel tips from our experts:
Planning & Packing
1. Plan ahead.
2. Use an experienced travel agent to get the best rates.
3. Consider buying travel insurance.
4. Go over your itinerary before packing.
5. Plan your outfits ahead of time.
6. Pack things that are versatile and light.
7. Secure liquids in plastic bags to avoid spillage.
8. Wear comfortable footwear.
9. Consider a suitcase with four wheels for increased mobility.
10. Make lodging arrangements ahead of time.
11. Keep an eye on travel trends.
12. Consider your surroundings.
13. Wear sunscreen.
14. Make a copy of important documents and carry them with you.
15. Use a money belt to store cash.
16. Stay hydrated.
17. Pack hand sanitizer, insect repellant, medication, and first aid supplies.
18. Know where to go for help (consulate, embassy, and police).
19. Use technology to improve your trip.
20. Download a free app on your phone for directions.
21. Pack phone chargers, headphones, power strips, rechargeable batteries, and converters/adapters (if you’re traveling internationally).
22. Inform your bank and credit card companies about your travel plans.
23. Keep your phone charged and on your person.
24. Use environmentally-friendly products.
25. Walk or bike whenever possible.
26. Unplug electronics when you’re not using them.
27. Take shorter showers and reuse towels while staying in a hotel.
28. Use reusable bottles and eliminate single-use plastics as much as possible.
29. Consider a volunteer trip or excursion.
Of course, the most important tip is to have fun and enjoy time with your loved ones!
For more information on pursuing your BS – Tourism & Hospitality Management degree at Johnson & Wales University College of Online Education, complete the “Request Info” form on this page or call 855-JWU-1881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.