There is good reason hospitality chatbots are trending in the industry. Chatbots offer an experience that seems to resonate with guests and travelers: A survey of 2,000 consumers by eDigital’s Customer Service Benchmark indicates that 73% of those surveyed are pleased with their chatbot experience, with 79% indicating that all their questions were answered quickly. And 46% agreed that chatbots were the most efficient communication method to make their hotel accommodations.
Here are five benefits of using hospitality chatbots.
1. Personalized Customer Service: Chatbots offer a completely customizable experience. Featuring personalized recommendations for customers based on their online behavior and preferences, hospitality chatbots can be used to enhance the entire guest experience—from automated pre-arrival reminders and transportation information to local entertainment and dining suggestions. Using chatbots for customer service in the hospitality industry can keep guests connected with your brand from pre-booking to post-departure for better customer satisfaction all around.
2. Increased Direct Business: Hotels and others in the hospitality business pay commissions to online travel agencies and other companies when customers book through them. The use of hospitality chatbots allows hotels to reduce their dependency on travel agencies (and paying their commissions) while increasing direct bookings. Chatbots help hotels boost brand recognition and loyalty to increase engagement and give the guest a better overall experience.
3. Zero Language Barrier: Using hospitality chatbots on travel websites completely erases the language and communication barrier that often occurs with face-to-face interaction when hotel staff and other customer service staff do not understand the language of foreign guests. Chatbots for customer service can easily solve this problem and allow guests to communicate via your website, as the chatbot can understand any language the guests speaks.
4. Higher Revenue: Since most of the marketing dollars for a hospitality business are spent trying to attract customers, chatbots can ensure those dollars are well spent by engaging the guests that visit your website. Hospitality chatbots can be used for reservations to increase direct bookings on the website or via social media platforms. In addition, the customer service chatbots automatically adapt to every guest and can efficiently handle the entire booking process.
5. Simplified Upselling and Cross-selling: One of the best and easiest ways to upsell and cross-sell is to use a chatbot for customer service. Savvy businesses use the chatbots to connect with guests throughout their travel experience to promote hotel amenities and services. The chatbot can even send messages and recommendations to guests while at the property, spreading the word on spa specials, dinner options, or events in the lounge.
Learn more about the online Hospitality Management program at JWU Online. Simply complete the “Request Info” form here, contact us at (855) 598-1881, or email us at [email protected] for more information.