To meet the needs of the evolving workforce and students impacted by the current pandemic, Johnson & Wales University has expanded its portfolio to offer a variety of new micro-certificates. These online programs give both undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to earn industry-relevant credentials in their fields without committing to a full degree program.
“Higher education must be stackable with rewards provided in shorter time frames,” explained TC Rogers, Ed.D., director of academic programs at JWU Online. “This allows for an affordable model of skill creation, professional development, and lifelong learning.”
So, what is a micro-certificate?
Mirco-certificates are short programs offered 100% online that are designed for students from all walks of life—busy parents, career changers, those looking for professional development, and more. Whether you are looking to switch careers or just want to upskill in a field you already work in, earning a micro-certificate is a great way to set yourself apart from the crowd.
“These offerings allow students to enhance their skills and knowledge for use in their current career or learn about a new field,” said Rogers. As an added bonus, these micro-certificate programs give students a head start in an applicable JWU Online program if they ever decide to enroll.
The following micro-certificate programs are now enrolling for spring 2021:
- Micro-Certificate in Quality Assurance in Hospitality (Undergraduate)
- Micro-Certificate in Sports Nutrition (Graduate)
- Micro-Certificate in Foundational Operations & Supply Chain Management (Undergraduate)
- Micro-Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Graduate)
- Micro-Certificate in Public Health (Undergraduate)
- Micro-Certificate in Business Communication (Undergraduate)
- Micro-Certificate in Communication for Change (Undergraduate)
- Micro-Certificate in Technical Writing & Editing (Undergraduate)
The following program is currently taking applications for summer 2021:
- Micro-Certificate in Accounting (Undergraduate)