Enroll in Six Steps
Searching and registering for classes is simple when using your AFVEC Portal. Follow the steps below to get started.
1. Visit the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) and view Johnson & Wales University GEM courses.
2. Visit your local base education office for education counseling to include use of the Air Force Tuition Assistance program. Your base education office will explain how to create an electronic CCAF education goal in the AFVEC.
3. Contact Debra Gesmondi (401-598-5191) and she will send you the application to complete. On the Application, indicate this is an application for the GEM program.
4. You must register for courses directly with JWU. Contact your JWU Admissions Associate or Online Academic Advisor for registration assistance.
5. Click here to review the steps of the New Student Orientation. Access AFVEC and click on Apply for Tuition Assistance and select your CCAF goal. Within the application choose Johnson & Wales University for your school. If you are using your GI Bill benefits apply here several weeks in advance.
6. Pay for your classes using Air Force Tuition Assistance through the AFVEC portal.