Bachelor of Science – Psychology
to complete your degree
student to faculty ratio
career outcomes rate
Explore human behavior and understand its complex relationship with the surrounding world with this online psychology degree. In this program, students will be exposed to psychological theories and learn how they explain human behavior, professional and ethical practices, social and cultural diversity, and psychological research methods. This undergraduate degree incorporates career knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as opportunities for experiential learning, which will prepare students for lifelong learning and professional success.
Upon completing this program, students will be prepared to enter graduate school in a variety of psychology disciplines (clinical, industrial/organizational, etc.), or immediately enter the workforce in fields such as human resources, public affairs, and business. JWU offers two online master’s level psychology degrees: MS – Organizational Psychology and MBA – Organizational Psychology.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s John Hazen White College of Arts & Sciences.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Upon completion of the program graduates are expected to:
- Apply key concepts, theories and research findings in the discipline of psychology to understand, explain and evaluate human behavior.
- Use creative and critical thinking to evaluate, interpret, design and conduct basic psychological research in accordance with ethical principles of the field.
- Integrate ethical practice, sociocultural factors and diversity considerations when addressing the needs of individuals in complex multicultural environments.
- Demonstrate written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required of psychology professionals.
- Articulate a plan to establish a professional identity, and to pursue professional development in the field of psychology.
WHY EARN YOUR PSYCHOLOGY DEGREE WITH JWU?
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of careers in psychology
Students in this program will take courses such as:
- Abnormal Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Intro to Neuropsychology & Psychopharmacology
- Cultural Psychology
- And more
Flexibility with electives provides students with an opportunity to double-major if they choose.
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Want to explore careers in this field? Through Lightcast’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Psychology careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Lightcast. Lightcast has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.