MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – Accounting
to complete your degree
student to faculty ratio
career outcomes rate
Rise through the ranks in your accounting career with Johnson & Wales University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) Accounting degree.
At Johnson & Wales University, our online Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting program is designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals. You’ll be prepared to pursue management-level positions in your accounting career within any industry around the world.* You’ll master the core business disciplines and gain advanced expertise in the latest accounting and management standards.
Our online MBA program prepares you for the next step in your accounting career. Students will take classes in various business disciplines, including economics, operations management, business policy, and more. You’ll match theoretical knowledge in accounting, finance, management, and research with real-world project applications and techniques. Your instructors are industry leaders and skilled professionals with concrete experience in advancing their companies’ accounting and management practices.
JWU’s online MBA in Accounting offers a wide range of career opportunities upon completion of coursework. In fact, our MBA in Accounting program alumni are accountants, auditors, directors, financial risk specialists, financial/investment analysts, and tax accountants, among many others.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Use applicable ethical and statutory regulations to make sound financial decisions based on current accounting standards.
WHY EARN YOUR ONLINE MBA IN ACCOUNTING WITH JWU?
- Prepare to become an accountant or pursue management-level positions in any industry around the world*
- Our MBA Accounting program alumni are accountants, auditors, financial risk specialists, directors, and more. Our program alumni work for top companies such as Amica Mutual Insurance Company, CVS Health Corporate, Bank of America, Defense Contract Audit Agency, and United Natural Foods, Inc., among many others.
- Learn from faculty with industry experience who integrate theory with practice
- Our online program is designed to fit the schedules of working professionals — take advantage of several start dates
- If you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. Learn more about graduate admissions requirements.
*Students wishing to pursue CPA licensure should research their state’s specific licensure requirements on the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy website, as each state is unique.
You’ll take accounting courses such as:
- Accounting Theory
- Advanced Auditing
- Individual and Corporate Taxation
- Law for Accountants
- And more!
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. Students wishing to pursue CPA licensure should research their state’s specific licensure requirements on the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy website, as each state is unique.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Want to explore careers in this field? Through Lightcast’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Finance careers, click the Career Coach button below.
Are you ready to start the journey to a graduate degree in nonprofit management? It could be easier than you think, especially at Johnson & Wales University. We start with a dedicated enrollment counselor who will work with you one-on-one to answer all your questions and help guide you through the process. We cap it off with a free application and no GRE or GMAT requirements.
If you already hold an undergraduate degree and you’re ready for more, click the button below to get started today!
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own. The information provided on the site is provided by Lightcast. Lightcast has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.