Are you a former JWU student who’s ready to reenroll with our College of Online Education? Here, you’ll find everything you need to reapply and start working toward the next chapter in your education.
Whether you’re reapplying or changing your student status, the information on this page will help make the process as smooth as possible.
Students seeking “readmission”
We're excited that you're interested in pursuing your degree online with us. Below you'll find helpful information to get you started in the process.
Am I a readmit student?
You are considered a readmitted student if you previously attended JWU and have not been enrolled in classes in more than a year.
You have two options on how to initiate the readmittance process.
Additional readmittance criteria
Readmittance requests must satisfy the additional criteria, described below:
- Any readmittance to the university is subject to the university’s current admissions requirements.
- Students seeking readmittance after academic suspension must include documentation in their request that indicates improvement in areas of deficiency. A decision will be determined by the university’s Committee on Academic Standing.
- Readmittance after student conduct dismissal must be reviewed and approved by the Dean of Students.
- Students seeking readmittance after a medical withdrawal must forward medical clearance to the Health Services office.
- Students seeking readmittance after a director of Student Counseling-approved medical leave must forward medical clearance to the Student Counseling Center.
- Undergraduate students requesting readmittance after attending another institution must meet residency requirements to be eligible for an undergraduate degree. Students must submit an official college transcript within the first term of their readmittance in order for the university to review transfer credit. Transfer credit will not be awarded to any student who took classes elsewhere during a period of disciplinary suspension from JWU.
If approved, you will be:
- Reenrolled as a JWU student and will be personally assisted by your Online Admissions Associate
- Assessed the current tuition rate
- Responsible for any changes to your program of study that may have occurred in your absence
NOTE: If the break in enrollment exceeds one year or more, your program of study may follow the requirements as listed in the current year catalog.
Students seeking “campus transfer”
Our goal is to make this transition as seamless as possible for you. Here's what you need to know to get started.
Am I a campus transfer student?
You’re considered a campus transfer student if you are currently enrolled in an on-campus program that is also offered online OR you attended a JWU cmapus within the last year.
Contact Student Academic Services at your home campus to begin the campus transfer process. If you have specific questions, please contact Online Student Services: 401-598-5140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.