Are you a former JWU student who’s ready to reenroll with our College of Online Education? Here, you’ll find everything you need to reapply and start working toward the next chapter in your education.
Whether you’re reapplying or changing your student status, the information on this page will help make the process as smooth as possible.
Students seeking “readmission”
We're excited that you're interested in pursuing your degree online with us. Below you'll find helpful information to get you started in the process.
Am I a readmit student?
You are considered a readmitted student if you previously attended JWU and have not been enrolled in classes in more than a year.
You have two options on how to initiate the readmittance process.
Additional readmittance criteria
Readmittance requests must satisfy the additional criteria, described below:
- Any readmittance to the university is subject to the university’s current admissions requirements.
- Students will not be readmitted into a program that has been discontinued.
- Students seeking readmittance after academic suspension must include documentation in their request that indicates improvement in areas of deficiency. A decision will be determined by the Academic Appeals Committee.
- Readmittance after suspension must be done so in accordance with the process outlined by Student Conduct.
- Students seeking readmittance after a voluntary medical withdrawal must forward required medical documentation and any other documentation to Health Services or Counseling Services. The documentation must be evaluated and approved as described in Voluntary Medical Withdrawal to determine whether the student is ready to return to the university.
- Students requesting readmittance after attending another institution must meet residency requirements. Students must submit an official college transcript to Student Academic & Financial Services within the first term of their readmittance for the university to review transfer credit.
- International students must be cleared and approved by International Student Services.
- Students must have submitted verification of high school completion and/or bachelor’s degree completion (as applicable) in order to be approved for readmittance.
If approved, you will be:
- Reenrolled as a JWU student and will be personally assisted by your Online Admissions Associate
- Assessed the current tuition rate as well as any holds, which must be cleared prior to being permitted to participate in courses
- Responsible for any changes to your program of study that may have occurred in your absence
Students seeking “campus transfer”
Our goal is to make this transition as seamless as possible for you. Here's what you need to know to get started.
Am I a campus transfer student?
You’re considered a campus transfer student if you are currently enrolled in an on-campus program that is also offered online OR you attended a JWU cmapus within the last year.
Contact Student Academic Services at your home campus to begin the campus transfer process. If you have specific questions, please contact Online Student Services: 401-598-5140 or email@example.com.