Interested in becoming a food entrepreneur? If your goal is to open your own business or partner in a food or beverage startup, position yourself for success with this bachelor's degree from Johnson & Wales University. Benefit from experience and expertise unique to Johnson & Wales University — a leader in culinary education that also has a 100-year legacy of professional preparation. Through your study of business planning, management strategies, and marketing, you will receive the knowledge you need to launch and grow your entrepreneurial venture.
Designed for students who already have an associate’s degree in culinary arts or baking and pastry arts, this program builds upon prior study experiences to expand on the business and management sides of the field.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Hospitality Management.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length*
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 96.8% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Evaluate human, financial and other resources in the entrepreneurial ecosystem that support or inhibit new ventures.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, regarding different purposes and situations, through a variety of professional methods.
- Apply ethical principles in response to common entrepreneurial decisions and challenges.
- Develop a business plan for an innovative product or service in a food or beverage-related market.
- Analyze the sources of funding available for food and beverage-related ventures and use decision support tools to determine effective structures for early-stage investments.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
While pursuing your online bachelor’s degree in Food & Beverage Entrepreneurship, you’ll take major courses like:
- Pitching & Planning New Ventures
- Marketing for Entrepreneurs
- Growth and Sustainability for Small Business
- Financing New Ventures
- Change and Innovation Management
- And More
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Food & Beverage Entrepreneurship careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.