Interested in becoming a food entrepreneur? If your goal is to open your own business or partner in a food or beverage startup, position yourself for success with this bachelor's degree from Johnson & Wales University. Benefit from experience and expertise unique to Johnson & Wales University — a leader in culinary education that also has a 100-year legacy of professional preparation. Through your study of business planning, management strategies, and marketing, you will receive the knowledge you need to launch and grow your entrepreneurial venture.
Designed for students who already have an associate degree or equivalent, this program builds upon prior study experiences to expand on the business and management sides of the field.
- Complete your degree in 2 years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry experts
- Career-focused curriculum
Through your food entrepreneurship courses you’ll acquire the ability to:
- Evaluate human, financial, and other resources in the entrepreneurial ecosystem that support or inhibit new ventures
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, regarding different purposes and situations, through a variety of professional methods
- Apply ethical principles in response to common entrepreneurial decisions and challenges in regards to food entrepreneurship
- Develop a business plan for an innovative product or service in a food or beverage-related market
- Analyze the sources of funding available for food and beverage-related ventures and use decision support tools to determine effective structures for early-stage investments
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
While pursuing your online bachelor’s degree in Food & Beverage Entrepreneurship, you’ll take major courses like:
- Pitching & Planning New Ventures
- Marketing for Entrepreneurs
- Growth and Sustainability for Small Business
- Financing New Ventures
- Change and Innovation Management
- And More
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.