Learn the foundational skills you need to make business decisions with a certificate in accounting from Johnson & Wales. In this online program, you will explore the basic principles, practices, and theories of financial accounting, as well as how organizations use information internally for planning, controlling, and decision-making. Topics of study include budget preparation, auditing, specialized accounting software, and tax preparation, among others.
*Note: Required documentation of prior knowledge in foundational management or Excel skills are required to enroll in this program.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
- 8 months or less to complete your program
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
- Take advantage of our online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Learn from faculty with industry experience who integrate theory with practice
- Acquire real-world exposure through our experiential education model
- Prepare for entry-level opportunities within the accounting field
- Earn credit applicable toward your future JWU undergraduate degree
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Accounting Software
- Federal Taxes
- Proof of high school completion or a GED is required for admission to this program.
Note: Students who enroll in this certificate program are ineligible for financial aid. Contact Online Student Financial Services (855-598-5040 or [email protected]) for options.