At the Johnson & Wales University College of Online Education, we take the guesswork out of how to apply for college. Just follow the simple steps below to complete your undergraduate application. If you have any questions along the way, our undergraduate admissions staff is more than happy to help.
Before You Apply
All of JWU Online undergraduate degree programs require either having earned college credit or two years of full-time work experience beyond date of high school completion prior to admission. Go to the Undergraduate Degrees page, click the program you're interested in, and review your program’s complete admission and course information. In addition, it’s a good idea to check the JWU College of Online Education’s Computer & Browser Requirements to ensure that you can fully participate in online learning at JWU.
Contact us at [email protected] or 1-855-JWU-1881 if you have any questions regarding the prerequisites required for admission.
Choose from multiple start dates. Meeting the recommended application deadline will allow your dedicated admissions associate time to work with you and prepare you for success.
|START DATE||SUGGESTED DEADLINE|
|March 15, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|May 10, 2021||April 26, 2021|
|July 5, 2021||June 21, 2021|
|August 30, 2021||August 16, 2021|
|October 25, 2021||October 11, 2021|
How to Apply
Step 1: Submit Your Free Application
Step 2: Submit Your Academic Transcript(s)
Applicants have two options to submit their official academic transcripts:
- Request your Own Transcript: Applicants should contact their previous institution(s) or visit the Registrar’s Office website at their previous institution(s) for instructions on how to request academic transcripts. Transcripts should be mailed directly to 115 Cedar Street, Providence, RI 02903. For institutions with online request options, please use [email protected] as the recipient.
- Allow JWU to attempt to request on your behalf: Applicants can also work with their dedicated online admissions associate to complete a Transcript Request Form via DocuSign, which will allow JWU to request transcript(s) on their behalf.
Please note that it is not a guarantee that JWU can collect transcript(s) as some schools require requests or additional authorization forms to come directly from the student. JWU must receive transcripts, diplomas, and/or certifications from all high school/postsecondary schools, so you may receive more than one Docusign request to complete.
Step 3: Submit Your Résumé
All of JWU Online’s bachelor of science degree programs require either two full years of full-time work experience beyond the date of high school completion or require having earned an associate degree or equivalent prior to admission. If your chosen degree program requires two full years of full-time work experience beyond the date of high school completion, please submit a résumé to verify your experience:
- You can email your résumé to [email protected]
- If submitting your résumé by mail, please send to: College of Online Education, Johnson & Wales University, 115 Cedar St., Providence, RI 02903
Don't Forget to File Your FAFSA
If you are applying for FAFSA, apply as soon as possible. Filing is free and it’s easy — and it’s the only way to check your availability for federal student aid.
- FSA ID. This will allow you to sign your FAFSA electronically.
- Submit your FAFSA. You’ll need your FSA ID (see above), SSN, driver’s license, your Federal tax return, and JWU’s school code: 003404
Earn Credit for Your Experience
Could your previous professional experience count for college credit? Use our online Credit Predictor tool to find out.
Through the JWU College of Online Education, students may register for courses without applying for degree status in an eligible program. Undergraduate students may register for a maximum of 18 credits (6 courses), while graduate students can register for a maximum of 9 credits (3 courses) on a non-degree basis. For more information, click here.
Still Have Questions?
Applying for college is a major decision. Don’t hesitate to contact our admissions staff at [email protected] or 1-855-JWU-1881 at any point during the application process.