Before You Apply
Here are a few helpful things to keep in mind:
- We'll be with you every step of the application process! You will be paired with a dedicated online admissions associate, who is there to answer any questions you may have regarding your grad school application, next steps, and more.
- The GRE/GMAT scores are not required as part of the application for admission.
- It’s a good idea to check the JWU College of Online Education’s Computer & Browser Requirements to ensure that you can fully participate in online learning at JWU.
Contact us at 1-855-JWU-1881 or email@example.com with any questions on getting started!
Choose from six semester start dates, each running eight weeks. Meeting the recommended application deadline will allow your dedicated admissions associate time to work with you and prepare you for success.
|START DATE||SUGGESTED DEADLINE|
|May 4, 2020||April 20, 2020|
|June 29, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|August 31, 2020||August 17, 2020|
|October 26, 2020||October 12, 2020|
|January 11, 2021||December 28, 2020|
How to Apply
Step 1: Submit Your Free Application
Step 2: Sign the Electronic Transcript Request Form
Upon application, your dedicated online admissions associate will send you an electronic Transcript Request Form(s) via Docusign to sign, which will allow JWU to request your transcript(s) on your behalf. (If your school requires additional information to process the request, you will be notified by the admissions team.) JWU must receive transcripts, diplomas, and/or certifications from all postsecondary schools, so you may receive more than one Docusign request to complete.
Step 3: Submit Two Recommendations
Applicants must submit two recommendations. JWU Online offers the ability for references to complete their recommendation via a brief online survey. Your recommender will be asked to evaluate your ability on a number of various criteria.
To submit your recommendations, you can choose from the following options:
- Online form: Complete a reference contact information form via Docusign. Your Online Admissions Associate will then send a recommendation form directly to your recommender.
- Mail: College of Online Education, Johnson & Wales University, 115 Cedar St., Providence, RI 02903
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 401-598-4553, Attn: College of Online Education Admissions
Step 3: Submit a Statement of Purpose
You can complete your statement of purpose completely online (applicants are emailed a link). You can also email your statement of purpose to email@example.com. Your statement should respond to the following prompt:
The typical Week 1 assignment for graduate students is to introduce yourself to the class in a discussion board forum. In approximately 250 words, please introduce yourself as if you were completing this assignment. Include why you are pursuing a degree, your educational background, current professional experience, and something unique about yourself.
Don’t Forget to File Your FAFSA
If you plan to use federal financial aid, apply as soon as possible. Filing is free and it’s easy — and it’s the only way to check your availability for federal student aid.