If a management, merchandising, marketing or public relations position within the vast retail industry is your goal, our online Fashion Merchandising & Retailing bachelor’s degree is for you.
This 100% online degree program prepares students for careers in a variety of marketing, managerial and executive opportunities. Students will learn fashion and retail concepts in areas such as merchandise buying, visual merchandising and fashion marketing. Students may apply skills learned in this degree program to opportunities such as directed experiential education, internships, summer work or study abroad programs. These programs are tailored based on the student’s learning, interests and professional goals. Students may also meet with faculty advisers to select a specific career focus.
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Interested in understanding what you can do with a fashion merchandising degree? As a student in the Fashion Merchandising & Retailing program, you’ll acquire the ability to:
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values related to global fashion markets and designer contributions
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations through a variety of professional methods as required in fashion merchandising and retailing
- Use decision-support tools to resolve contemporary business issues using ethical business practices
- Apply creative and advanced analytical competencies necessary for careers in fashion merchandising and retail marketing
- Identify, analyze and forecast future industry trends in the acquisition of products and manufacturing of consumer goods
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers in fashion merchandising
Upon graduation, students are prepared for entry-level fashion merchandising careers in areas such as retail sales and showroom management, merchandise buying, visual merchandising, fashion merchandising & retail marketing, fashion forecasting, blogging, fashion promotion and textiles.
While pursuing your degree in Fashion Merchandising & Retailing, you'll take major courses like:
- The Business of Fashion
- Cases in Fashion and Retail
- Retail Executive Decision Making
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.