If a management, merchandising, marketing, or public relations position within the vast retail industry is your goal, our online Fashion Merchandising & Retailing bachelor’s degree is for you.
This 100 percent online degree program prepares students for careers in a variety of marketing, managerial, and executive opportunities. Students will learn fashion and retail concepts in areas such as merchandise buying, visual merchandising, and fashion marketing. Students may apply skills learned in this degree program to opportunities such as directed experiential education, internships, summer work, or study abroad programs. These programs are tailored based on the student’s learning, interests, and professional goals. Students may also meet with faculty advisers to select a specific career focus.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
- 4 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length*
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 96.8% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Interested in understanding what you can do with a fashion merchandising degree? As a student in the Fashion Merchandising & Retailing program, you’ll acquire the ability to:
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values related to global fashion markets and designer contributions.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations through a variety of professional methods as required in fashion merchandising and retailing.
- Use decision-support tools to resolve contemporary business issues using ethical business practices.
- Apply creative and advanced analytical competencies necessary for careers in fashion merchandising and retail marketing.
- Identify, analyze and forecast future industry trends in the acquisition of products and manufacturing of consumer goods.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers in fashion merchandising
Upon graduation, students are prepared for entry-level fashion merchandising careers in areas such as retail sales and showroom management, merchandise buying, visual merchandising, fashion merchandising & retail marketing, fashion forecasting, blogging, fashion promotion and textiles.
While pursuing your degree in Fashion Merchandising & Retailing, you'll take major courses like:
- The Business of Fashion
- Cases in Fashion and Retail
- Retail Executive Decision Making
- And more
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Fashion Merchandising & Retailing careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.