Interested in event management? Gain the skills and insight you need to succeed in the multibillion-dollar sports, entertainment, and event management industry with this bachelor’s degree from Johnson & Wales University. You’ll acquire a strong business foundation to fuel your career in this fast-moving field, and then build upon that knowledge with advanced coursework in such areas as media literacy, ticketing methods, venue management, and negotiations and agreements. In addition, the program allows you to specialize your studies in major elective classes that will directly impact your chosen career path, such as professional sports management; event planning within the corporate, nonprofit, and hospitality industry; sports and entertainment marketing; tournament management; concert and event production; and more.
This degree program requires at least two full years of full-time work experience beyond the date of high school graduation or completion.
- Complete your degree in 4 years or less
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry experts
- Career-focused curriculum
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values of the sports, entertainment and event management industry by integrating the concepts of marketing, finance, operations and ancillary services in the management of a range of events
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations in a variety of contexts within the sports, entertainment and event management industry
- Use decision-support tools to solve problems and facilitate organizational processes by applying critical thinking and ethical problem solving to management decisions within the sports, entertainment and event management industry
- Apply the principles of management to current issues in the sports, entertainment and event management industry
- Demonstrate leadership skills and adapt them to a diverse global market in the sports, entertainment and event management industry
- Benefit from our convenient, online format
- Apply learned techniques in real-world scenarios and projects
- Complete electives and requirements from a broad variety of courses
- Learn from experienced instructors who help you connect theory with practice
- Begin coursework in your major during your freshman year
During our online Sports, Entertainment, Event — Management bachelor's degree, you can choose major courses such as:
- Professional Sports Management
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Concert and Event Production
- Weddings & Ceremonies
- International Exhibitions & Events
- Athletic Coaching and Administration
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.