Applying for student financial aid is easier than you think. And we’re here to help every step of the way. Use the links below to find helpful information about tuition and fees, grants, and military benefits. And keep reading for a step-by-step breakdown of how to apply for aid at the Johnson & Wales University College of Professional Studies. If you still have questions about a certain topic, or need help applying for financial aid opportunities, please feel free to request info at any time.
How to apply for aid
Step 1: Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
It’s free and only takes about 30 minutes to complete. Plus, it’s the only way to determine your eligibility for federal and state aid.
JWU’s school code is: 003404
Step 2: Review your FAFSA financial aid package
After filling out your FAFSA, you’ll receive a preliminary aid package. Our aid packages may include a combination of loans, which need to be repaid, and grants, which do not.
Step 3: Connect with your JWU financial planner
Your dedicated planner will walk you through every step of paying for your degree, including:
- Translating financial terms and aid types
- Understanding your aid package
- Understanding the verification process
- Discussing and defining payment plan options – monthly, term, employer, loans
Your planner will reach out to you, but if you'd like to contact them directly:
Undergraduate and Graduate students
|CS-HEN||Jenny Winkler Richards||401-598-1898|
Masters Teaching Education/Teaching and Learning (MAT/MEd)
Physician Assistant Studies (MS PAS)
Mon – Fri: 8:30am-4:30pm EST
Offices close at 1pm on Friday during the summer months
Step 4: Complete the necessary forms
Once you decide to enroll at JWU, you’ll need to:
- Register for classes
- Use your FSA ID from the DOE to complete your entrance counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN) if you’re receiving a Federal Direct loan
Step 5: Finalize your payment plan
To do this, just submit all the requested financial aid forms by the appropriate deadlines. You can also set up a monthly payment plan or make a one-time payment via the following instructions:
- Go to jwuLink: Finance Page > Payment Links Block > Click "Tuition & Fees."
- This will direct you to the NelNet Quick Pay system to complete your payment.
- Please note: there is a processing fee of 2.75% for a credit card payment. There is no fee for checking and savings account payments.
If you need assistance, please contact your financial planner.
Raise your financial IQ
Once you’re accepted, you’ll have full access to iGrad, a financial literacy site. iGrad provides helpful videos and articles about saving money and applying for aid, handy job search tools, advice from real financial aid advisors, and plenty more.