You have a good head on your shoulders. You’re good with numbers. You appreciate a no-nonsense approach to fiscal matters. And you understand the power and responsibilities of the financial side of business life. It’s only natural you’d look at pursuing a business career in the world of finance, perhaps as a financial advisor or a financial analyst.
Smart move. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the finance industry is set to grow by 5% in the next decade. Demand for educated professionals who want to take on careers in finance is higher than ever. Now, make an even smarter move. Prepare for a career in finance with an education that helps you build the skills to be successful no matter what industry you choose to work in—earn your online Bachelor of Science - Finance from Johnson & Wales University.
Throughout this online program for your bachelor’s in finance, you will receive a solid educational foundation in capital management, financial institutions, economics, financial management and more. Plus, you’ll develop your professional skillset with tactics for better decision-making, communication, leadership, management and more. These are the skills necessary for life-long success at every level of business.
Whether your interests lie in investment analysis, corporate finance, risk management or financial planning, jump-start your future career in finance with an online degree from Johnson & Wales University!
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
- 4 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length*
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
This online bachelor’s degree in finance offers a deeper and more career-relevant understanding of all the essentials involved in the field of finance, from economics and corporate finance to risk management and financial markets. Coursework covers the gamut of business professional skills. In addition to financial accounting, finance and managerial accounting, you’ll take classes in business analytics, HR management, organizational dynamics and more to help develop a host of professional skills you’ll rely on throughout your business career.
Bottom line? This degree program is designed to give you the fundamental finance and business management skills and insights you need to pursue a wide range of relevant career paths in areas like financial management and advising. Upon completion of this Bachelor of Science in Finance degree program, graduates are expected to:
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values of the finance profession.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations through a variety of professional methods required in the field of finance.
- Use decision-support tools to solve problems and facilitate organizational processes.
- Identify and analyze ethical issues related to financial decisions and recommend ethical responses and solutions.
- Utilizing critical thinking and decision-making skills, apply common finance theories and concepts to changing global financial issues.
- Benefit from our 100-percent online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of careers in business
While pursuing your finance degree online, you’ll take major courses like:
- Introduction to Financial Institutions
- Money and Capital Markets
- Financial Statement Analysis
- And more
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Finance careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.