According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the finance industry set to grow by nine percent in the next decade and demand for educated professionals taking on careers in finance is higher than ever. Throughout this online bachelor’s of finance degree, you will receive a solid foundation in capital management, financial institutions, and decision making, as well as business, communications, and general studies.
Whether your interests lie in investment analysis, corporate finance, risk management or financial planning, jump-start your future career in finance with an online degree from Johnson & Wales University!
- 4 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this bachelor of science in finance degree, graduates are expected to:
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values of the finance profession.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations through a variety of professional methods required in the field of finance.
- Use decision-support tools to solve problems and facilitate organizational processes.
- Identify and analyze ethical issues related to financial decisions and recommend ethical responses and solutions.
- Utilizing critical thinking and decision-making skills, apply common finance theories and concepts to changing global financial issues.
- Benefit from our 100-percent online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of careers in business
While pursuing your finance degree online, you’ll take major courses like:
- Introduction to Financial Institutions
- Money and Capital Markets
- Financial Statement Analysis
- And more
*Graduates of this degree program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Finance careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.