If you’re a food service professional with a culinary arts degree and you’re looking for a program that can teach you how to stand out in the competitive food and restaurant industries, Johnson & Wales University could be right for you. This program requires an associate degree in culinary arts to enter and builds upon your prior study experiences to help you learn the business and management sides of the field. In as few as two years, you can complete your degree in culinary arts and food service management, while learning the skills you need to impress employers and further your career in the food industry.
If you have not completed your associate's degree in culinary arts but have an interest in our food service management degree, our BS – Hospitality Management degree may be the best fit to help you achieve your career goals.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Hospitality Management.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length*
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 95.4% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values of the food service management profession to address industry problems both locally and globally.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations in food service operations.
- Use decision-support tools and technology to solve problems and facilitate organizational processes within the food service operation.
- Comprehend and apply industry specific operational standards.
- Analyze and interpret pertinent information when making decisions within food service operations.
- Work with industry-experienced faculty
- Participate in coursework designed to help you advance in your career
- Complete your degree on a schedule that works for you
- Benefit from relevant curriculum that allows you to apply your skills in the real world
During our program, you’ll take classes like:
- Food Service Management Systems and Human Resource Applications
- Advanced Food Service Operations Management
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Hospitality Strategic Marketing
- Food and Beverage Strategies and Logistics
- And more
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Culinary Arts and Food Service Management careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
“Having a breadth of industry experience and appropriate educational credentials makes you more valuable and allows you to be more flexible so that you can match your career choices to your life choices.” — Brian J. Warrener, MBA