If you’re a food service professional with a culinary arts degree and you’re looking for a program that can teach you how to stand out in the competitive food and restaurant industries, Johnson & Wales University could be right for you. This program requires an associate degree in culinary arts to enter and builds upon your prior study experiences to help you learn the business and management sides of the field. In as few as two years, you can complete your degree in culinary arts and food service management, while learning the skills you need to impress employers and further your career in the food industry.
If you have not completed your associate's degree in culinary arts but have an interest in our food service management degree, our BS – Hospitality Management degree may be the best fit to help you achieve your career goals.
- Complete your degree in 2 years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
During this program, you’ll learn the restaurant management, leadership, critical-thinking, and customer awareness abilities needed to run any food-related business. You'll also learn about:
- Back-of-house versus front-of-house leadership styles
- Financial management
- Strategic marketing
- Managerial strategy
- Emerging industry trends
- Work with industry-experienced faculty
- Participate in coursework designed to help you advance in your career
- Complete your degree on a schedule that works for you
- Benefit from relevant curriculum that allows you to apply your skills in the real world
During our program, you’ll take classes like:
- Food Service Management Systems and Human Resource Applications
- Advanced Food Service Operations Management
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Hospitality Strategic Marketing
- Food and Beverage Strategies and Logistics
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.
“Having a breadth of industry experience and appropriate educational credentials makes you more valuable and allows you to be more flexible so that you can match your career choices to your life choices.” — Brian J. Warrener, MBA