Our food service management degree program builds upon your previous study experiences to help you become a well-prepared professional with a solid understanding of the hospitality and food service industry. Coursework is designed to help you take the next step in your career.
Available to students who already have an associate degree in the Baking & Pastry Arts, this program allows you bolster your credentials and earn your bachelor’s degree in as few as two years. If you have not completed your associate's degree in baking & pastry arts but have an interest in food service management, our Hospitality Management bachelor's degree may be the best option to help you achieve your career goals.
- Complete your degree in 2 years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Ever wonder ‘What is food service management?’ Well as a student, you’ll gain a solid foundation in management and leadership to add to your skills in the baking and pastry arts. You'll learn cost analysis, team-building strategies and critical-thinking skills in areas such as:
- Managerial strategy
- Strategic marketing
- Financial management
- Human resources
- Benefit from our online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Apply your skills in the real world through relevant curriculum
- Learn to use critical-thinking skills to solve problems and make ethical decisions
- Prepare for more advanced positions in different industries
- Learn from world-class instructors who know what it takes to succeed in today’s market
During our program, you’ll take courses like:
- Advanced Food Service Operations Management
- Hospitality Strategic Marketing
- Food Service Management Systems and Human Resource Applications
- Food and Beverage Strategies and Logistics
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Baking & Pastry Arts and Food Service Management careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.