If you desire a computer science career, you can develop the skills employers are looking for in this online computer science degree from Johnson & Wales University. The demand for professionals with programming and networking skills is on the rise—and jobs in computer science are only projected to increase throughout the next decade.
In addition to fine-tuning technical abilities, students will hone their expertise in problem classification, method identification, problem decomposition, and project management. These translatable skills apply to a multitude of fields and industries, positioning graduates for success.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Engineering & Design.
- 4 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length*
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Apply knowledge of math, science, engineering and contemporary developments in the fields of software programming, networking, system design, computer science and/or project management.
- Analyze problems through the use of computer science concepts and processes to formulate, implement and test software-based algorithms.
- Incorporate historical context and emerging developments in computer science to create adaptable and efficient algorithmic solutions that reflect ethical considerations and global awareness.
- Use the techniques, skills and emerging tools necessary for analysis and evolution of algorithms in computer science.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of computer science careers in various industries
Students in this bachelor of computer science degree program will take courses such as:
- Problem Solving
- Computer Science I and Computer Science II
- Advanced Data Structures
- Survey of Programming Languages
- Information Security
- And More
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Computer Science careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
"Students will evolve the ability to think in certainties and obtain a different kind of logic." — Tom Calabrese, PhD