If you desire a computer science career, you can develop the skills employers are looking for in this online computer science degree from Johnson & Wales University. The demand for professionals with programming and networking skills is on the rise—and jobs in computer science are only projected to increase throughout the next decade.
In addition to fine-tuning technical abilities, students will hone their expertise in problem classification, method identification, problem decomposition, and project management. These translatable skills apply to a multitude of fields and industries, positioning graduates for success.
Apply today! This program is launching in Fall 2018.
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Apply knowledge of math, science, engineering, and contemporary developments in the fields of software programming, networking, system design, computer science, and/or project management
- Analyze problems through the use of computer science concepts and processes to formulate, implement, and test software-based algorithms
- Incorporate historical context and emerging developments in computer science to create adaptable and efficient algorithmic solutions that reflect ethical considerations and global awareness
- Use the techniques, skills, and emerging tools necessary for analysis and evolution of algorithms in computer science
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of computer science careers in various industries
Students in this bachelor of computer science degree program will take courses such as:
- Problem Solving
- Computer Science I and Computer Science II
- Advanced Data Structures
- Survey of Programming Languages
- Information Security
- And More
For more information, read the BS - Computer Science program overview.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
"Students will evolve the ability to think in certainties and obtain a different kind of logic." — Tom Calabrese, PhD