If you're interested in a healthcare career, your opportunities look bright: The public health profession is estimated to increase approximately 14 percent over the next decade, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Position yourself for success in a career in the healthcare industry with an undergraduate degree in Public Health from Johnson & Wales University!
This online BS – Public Health degree emphasizes the application and synthesis of knowledge and will develop well-rounded graduates who are both problem solvers and critical thinkers. Graduates will be prepared for entry-level public health jobs in education, health promotion, research, monitoring and evaluation, and health and policy administration. Additionally, students can take electives in management to prepare them for positions in health administration and management, consulting, public health, quality improvement in healthcare, and policy administration.
- Complete your degree in 4 years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Apply fundamental biologic, socio-economic, behavioral, ethical, cultural and spiritual principles to the practice of health and wellness.
- Synthesize foundational knowledge and the results of inquiry and research.
- Effectively communicate health and wellness principles to diverse populations.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a health and wellness team to improve individual and community outcomes.
- Compare and discuss major local, national, and global health challenges related to health care access and outcomes.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Gain a strong foundation across scientific disciplines
Students in this program will take courses such as:
- Determinants of Health
- Cooking for Health & Wellness
- Public Health
- Global Health
- Epidemiology Comparative Healthcare Systems
- And more
This health science degree will prepare graduates seeking post-baccalaureate entry into graduate programs such as public health, public policy, health management, law, and health informatics.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Public Health careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.