The definition of leadership is evolving — are you?
Gone are the days of siloed managers who lead siloed teams. Today's leaders integrate proven academic theories into real-world business environments across the organization and deliver success. With an online MBA Organizational Leadership degree, you'll obtain the necessary skills to solve problems and manage operations in the modern business world with best practices backed by academic theory.
As a student in this online graduate program, you'll learn management skills, self-assessment skills, and practical leadership qualities that will help bring your career—and your team—to the next level.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this program graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Apply contemporary leadership models and theories to support organizational effectiveness in a global environment.
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience in business, who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
Students in this program will take eight core MBA courses (standard across all MBA degrees), two required organizational leadership courses, and two electives of their choice.
Some courses include:
- Effective Leadership
- Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law
- Organizational Behavior in the Hospitality Industry
- Women and Leadership in Society
- Project Management
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Business Administration degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Organizational Leadership careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
"This degree program is very versatile and will give students a wide picture of how to lead an entire organization." — David Hood, PhD