According to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, it’s expected that jobs in the field of event leadership will grow over 7% percent in the next eight years, a growth higher than the national average for all jobs. In this event management graduate program, you’ll learn to manage events in the corporate, public, and private sectors. Graduates of this program will be ready to take on leadership positions within the dynamic and global events industry. Earn your event management degree online with Johnson & Wales University.
Now enrolling for fall 2020!
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Advance organizational objectives and support strategic initiatives through the development and production of events.
- Earn your degree at your own pace, in as little as two years with our accelerated schedule.
- With multiple start dates, you can begin when you are ready.
- Benefit from curriculum informed by today’s event leadership employers and learn the skills they are looking for.
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Event Leadership and Planning
- Event Operations & Risk Management
- Sustainable Event Management
- Negotiations for Event Management
- And more.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.