Explore the diverse landscape of public service with an MPA.
This online Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree is designed for students with professional goals related to the management of public service organizations. Students in this program will study leadership, personnel management, policy evaluation, and ethical governance practices. This online program links theory, policy, and practice, giving students the opportunity to learn and utilize skills required for leadership positions in both the public and third sectors.
Upon completion, students will be poised to pursue careers in public administration including hospitals, state and federal agencies, charitable establishments, and more.
- Complete your degree in 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this program, graduates are expected to:
- Critically analyze and use knowledge of academic theory, legal issues and/or regulations to inform ethical practice and policy formation within public and third sector organizations/agencies.
- Manage and apply effective standards of public and third sector governance within organizational structures.
- Assess and effectively manage sector-specific functions, programs, and resources.
- Advance professional communication, public outreach, and responsiveness standards in a manner that promotes accountability, inclusion and other public service values.
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
During this MPA program, students will take courses such as:
- Effective Leadership
- Public Personnel Administration
- Strategic Planning and Leadership in NonProfit Organizations
- Public Policy Analysis
- Program Evaluation
- And more
Click here for complete course information for the program.
Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Public Administration degree.
"This program is valuable for a student who already has a strong background in public administration or government and is ready to assume a position of expanded responsibility and leadership. It is also perfect for a student with little-to-no public sector experience who is looking to attain the knowledge, skills, and abilities that will make them a successful professional from day one." — Tom Eskey, DPA, CNAP