We Know Hospitality.
Johnson & Wales University is recognized as a trusted and respected institution across the globe. We’ve spent years making a name for ourselves in the industry and have earned a reputation of excellence among hospitality employers such as Marriott, Compass Group, Darden and more.
Compared to other MBA programs offered online, our MBA – Hospitality is industry-specific, which means that as a graduate of this program, you’ll be positioned to advance your career because your education, curriculum and experience are tailored to what employers are looking for in hospitality-management positions.
This 100% online program is designed for busy hospitality professionals like you.
You want to advance your career, but you can’t put it on hold to go back to school. That’s why our flexible online MBA – Hospitality allows you to study anytime, anywhere with no campus attendance required.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Examine and analyze social, multicultural and environmental issues and their impacts upon managerial practices in the global hospitality industry.
Economists recognize hospitality as the world's largest industry, so there’s great potential for those who are passionate about this career path. In our program, you can:
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Apply your skills to real-world scenarios and challenging coursework
- Gain knowledge through an MBA program tailored specifically to the hospitality industry
- Learn from instructors who bring years of industry experience
- Prepare to move ahead in a variety of different industries
- Note that if you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. For more on graduate admissions requirements, click here
As a student in this program, you’ll take courses like:
- Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility and Law
- Event Leadership and Planning
- Hospitality and Tourism Global Issues
- Franchising and Licensing
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
There are various options for hospitality programs but JWU Online stands out as delivering a respected and valued choice. Show your current employer that you have what it takes to earn a management position. Fill out the form on this page, and our admissions representatives will reach out with more information.
You can pursue many different types of hospitality jobs with a management degree. You could choose to become a general manager, or you may decide to specialize in a particular area, such as lodging management, food service management, beverage management, event and meeting/convention management, or casino management. As a global leader in hospitality education, Johnson & Wales University will help you unlock your potential in the ever-expanding, multi-billion dollar hospitality industry. Click here to discover more.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Hospitality careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
“I bring my industry background to the forefront of learning and share my personal experiences.” — Elizabeth Aube-VanPatten, MS, CHE