Manufacturers, food-industry leaders, and consumers agree: Food safety is a top concern. Today, the global food-supply chain is more complex than ever, and recalls and foodborne outbreaks make headlines. Professionals who know what the best way to prevent poor food safety is are more important than ever.
Through Johnson & Wales’ online food-safety degree, students obtain food-safety training from a variety of perspectives, ranging from regulatory to retail and food processing. Through your advanced food-safety college courses, you'll develop not only the knowledge you need but also workplace skills that are highly valued by employers.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Food Innovation & Technology.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 96.8% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Analyze research to inform decision-making as it relates to operational and procedural food safety decisions.
- Create presentations that address domestic and global food safety concerns.
- Evaluate current and emerging food safety problems, while proposing effective solutions and assessing the proposal’s impact.
- Conduct comparative analysis of various regulatory frameworks across the food system.
- Design a comprehensive food safety plan for an organization.
- Earn your degree at your own pace, in as little as two years with our accelerated schedule.
- With multiple start dates, you can begin when you are ready.
- Benefit from curriculum informed by today’s nutrition employers and learn the skills they are looking for.
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Foodborne Disease and Pathogen
- Epidemiology and Food Safety
- Food Law and Policy
- Global Food Safety and Sustainability
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science (MS) degree.