Further your understanding of nutrition science and learn how to evaluate a client’s needs with this online master’s degree in nutrition.
According to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of nutrition and dietetics professionals is expected to grow 11% over the next eight years. In this online master’s program at Johnson & Wales University, students will learn to apply current scientific evidence to complex nutritional challenges and stay up to date on cutting-edge research.
This fully online program is designed to provide graduate-level coursework to students with prior nutrition education. Applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree in nutrition, dietetics, or a related field.
Graduates of this program will be poised to work in a wide variety of areas in the field, including in athletics, corporate institutions, and clinical settings.
Now enrolling for fall 2020!
- Complete your degree in less than 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Synthesize knowledge of nutrition and dietetics through research and application of advanced nutrition topics.
- Develop a comprehensive and science-based expertise in the nutrition and dietetics fields to educate appropriate stakeholders.
- Appraise relevant food and nutrition concepts in the wellness industry in order to help individuals and organizations promote disease prevention and health optimization.
- Develop comprehensive evidence-based practice through assessing contemporary published literature and integrating nutrition and dietetics knowledge and skills.
- Earn your degree at your own pace, in as little as two years with our accelerated schedule.
- With multiple start dates, you can begin when you are ready.
- Benefit from curriculum informed by today’s nutrition employers and learn the skills they are looking for.
If you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. For more on graduate admissions requirements, click here.
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Nutritional Counseling and Education
- Nutrition for Athletic Performance
- Advanced Clinical Nutrition
- Grantsmanship and Publication
- And more
This program does not meet the requirements for registered dietitian (RD) credentialing set forth by The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.