Bachelor of Science – Accounting
to complete your degree
student to faculty ratio
career outcomes rate
With a growing economy and demanding tax regulations, the Bureau of Labor Statistics says the need for skilled accountants and auditors will continue to rise in the coming years.
Looking to become an accounting professional? This online accounting degree will prepare you for a variety of entry-level opportunities in public accounting firms and will expose you to a number of specific areas within the accounting profession. Topics of study include financial accounting, managerial accounting, and auditing. As a student, you’ll receive a solid foundation in accounting theory and practice as well as business, communications, and general studies.
Upon completion, students will be poised to begin careers in private, governmental, and nonprofit organizations. Possible positions include staff accountants, cost accountants, tax accountants, and auditors.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values of the accounting profession.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations through a variety of professional methods required in the field of accounting.
- Use decision-support tools to solve problems and facilitate organizational processes.
- Identify, analyze and resolve ethical issues related to accounting decisions.
- Identify and analyze global business issues and transactions and apply the appropriate accounting technical skills necessary to address issues and record transactions.
WHY EARN YOUR ONLINE BACHELOR OF SCIENCE – ACCOUNTING WITH JWU?
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience in the accounting field, who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
- Prepare for a variety of accounting careers in various environments
Thinking about a graduate degree? With Johnson & Wales University’s bachelor’s in accounting, you can seamlessly transition to our MBA – Accounting program by applying for acceptance at the end of your junior year. Students wishing to pursue CPA licensure should research their state’s specific licensure requirements on the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy website, as each state is unique.
Students in this online accounting program will take courses like:
- Accounting Information Systems
- Advanced Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Federal Taxes I
- And More
*Some courses may be 16 weeks long.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Want to explore careers in this field? Through Lightcast’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Accounting careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Lightcast. Lightcast has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.