Recent food-contamination crises have made headlines and highlight the growing need for food-service managers with expertise in food compliance management. Restaurants, hospitality settings, grocery chains—anywhere food is sold and/or served to the public—are looking for professionals with food safety and leadership skills to create and enact compliance standards and train employees on-site. This unique online degree program in food industry management with a focus on developing a culture of food safety awareness combines courses in food and beverage management, health sciences, and leadership to position graduates for jobs in food industry management in this emerging field.
In addition, coursework will prepare students for certifications such as the National Restaurant Association Foodservice Management Professional (FMP), U.S. Food and Drug Administration Food Defense Awareness, OSHA Outreach, National Restaurant Association ManageFirst, and TAPSeries.
- Complete your degree in 4 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to remaining current in the profession by obtaining and maintaining industry recognized certifications.
- Effectively communicate food compliance standard practices to diverse audiences.
- Create operational policies and procedures that will advance a food safety compliance culture.
- Apply the major concepts and compliance practices to a variety of food production operations.
- Analyze and interpret insights gained from decision - support tools and relevant sources to solve problems and improve organizational performance within the food service industry.
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers in the food service industry
As a student in this program, you’ll take courses like:
- Food Code and Policy
- Introduction to Public Health
- Food and Beverage Strategies and Logistics
- And More
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Food Industry Compliance Management careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
"There's currently no other food compliance management program quite like JWU's." — Patricia M. Bowman, CHE, FMP, CFSP, CFSE