Recent food-contamination crises have made headlines and highlight the growing need for food-service managers with expertise in food compliance management. Restaurants, hospitality settings, grocery chains—anywhere food is sold and/or served to the public—are looking for professionals with food safety and leadership skills to create and enact compliance standards and train employees on-site. This unique online degree program in food industry management with a focus on compliance combines courses in food and beverage management, health sciences, and leadership to position graduates for jobs in food industry management in this emerging field.
In addition, coursework will prepare students for certifications such as the National Restaurant Association Foodservice Management Professional (FMP), U.S. Food and Drug Administration Food Defense Awareness, OSHA Outreach, National Restaurant Association ManageFirst, and TAPSeries.
Apply today! This degree program is launching in Fall 2018.
- Complete your degree in 4 years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Attain relevant industry-recognized certifications
- Effectively communicate food compliance standard practices to diverse audiences
- Create operational policies and procedures that will advance a food safety compliance culture
- Propose solutions to food safety concerns
- Apply compliance practices to a variety of food production operations
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers in the food service industry
As a student in this program, you’ll take courses like:
- Food Code and Policy
- Introduction to Public Health
- Food and Beverage Strategies and Logistics
- And More
For more information, read the BS - Food Industry Compliance Management program overview.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
"There's currently no other food compliance management program quite like JWU's." — Patricia Bowman