As the global sports industry continues to grow, so does the need for business-focused administrators within athletic organizations. This online MBA - Sport Leadership degree is designed to introduce students to the sports industry while giving them the solid business foundation necessary in today's market.
Students in this program will study contemporary leadership, communication strategies, operations, and global issues in sport, as well as traditional business methods such as finance, economics, and business policy.
- Complete your degree in 2 years
- 8-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry experts
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision making at operational and strategic levels of an organization
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations
- Connect leadership principles and knowledge of the sport industry operations to advance organizational objectives and support strategic initiatives
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience in business, who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Sports and Entertainment Venues & Events, Development & Management
- Operations Management
- Contemporary Leadership Strategies in Sport
- Effective Communication Strategies in Sport
- Global Issues in Sport Leadership
- And more
Click here for complete course information for the program.
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
"This degree is rooted in business and will give students the skills they'll need to succeed in the global sports industry." —Patrick Leary, Ed.D.