As the global sports industry continues to grow, so does the need for business-focused administrators within athletic organizations. This online MBA - Sport Leadership degree is designed to introduce students to the sports industry while giving them the solid business foundation necessary in today's market.
Students in this program will study contemporary leadership, communication strategies, operations, and global issues in sport, as well as traditional business methods such as finance, economics, and business policy.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business and College of Hospitality Management. It is also available at our Providence campus.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 95.4% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision-making in domestic and global organizations.
- Connect leadership principles and knowledge of the sport industry operations to advance organizational objectives and support strategic initiatives.
- Complete coursework and assignments at your own pace through our convenient online format
- Learn from faculty with years of experience in business, who can help inform your career
- Participate in experiential learning assignments, designed to prepare you for advanced-level positions with public and private organizations
Students in this program will take courses like:
- Sports and Entertainment Venues & Events, Development & Management
- Operations Management
- Contemporary Leadership Strategies in Sport
- Effective Communication Strategies in Sport
- Global Issues in Sport Leadership
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Sport Leadership careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
"This degree is rooted in business and will give students the skills they'll need to succeed in the global sports industry." —Patrick Leary, Ed.D.