A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in accounting from Johnson & Wales University will have you speaking the language of business fluently.
For those looking to take the next step in their accounting career, this program could be a great opportunity. With its advanced study, MBA students will take classes in various business disciplines, including economics, operations management, business policy, and more. Graduates will become trusted professionals in their field capable of advanced financial reporting and auditing. Our MBA with a concentration in accounting degree program offers a wide range of career opportunities upon completion of coursework. In addition to positions with public accounting firms or large corporations within the private sector, graduates can find work at a small business or nonprofit organization.
This program is designed to meet the 150 hours of advanced study requirement that candidates must satisfy to take the Uniform Certified Public Accountant examination (CPA exam).
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
- 2 Years to complete your degree
- 8-week course length
- 16:1 student to faculty ratio
- 97.7% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Gather, interpret and analyze research to inform decision-making at operational and strategic levels of an organization.
- Use advanced communication skills and awareness of cultural differences in global and domestic business interactions.
- Analyze problems from a diverse perspective, propose effective solutions and evaluate the impact of executive decisions.
- Assess and evaluate business entities taking into account cross-functional environments as they affect ethical decision making in domestic and global organizations.
- Use applicable ethical and statutory regulations to make sound financial decisions based on current accounting standards.
- Learn from faculty with industry experience who integrate theory with practice
- Take advantage of six convenient start dates and our online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Get real-world exposure through our experiential education model
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers in finance
- If you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. For more on graduate admissions requirements, click here.
You’ll take accounting courses such as:
- Advanced Accounting
- Accounting Theory
- Corporate Taxation
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Finance careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.
“I use personal and encouraging feedback to engage students. This allows everyone the chance to smile while they are learning and may even provide that incentive to go the extra mile.” — David Cartwright, CPA, MS