Retail management incorporates a variety of business tactics to achieve profitability. An effective retail manager juggles a number of codependent business strategies, including securing inventory, setting optimal pricing, and supervising and scheduling staff, all while maintaining a pleasant consumer experience. Johnson & Wales University’s micro-certificate in Foundations of Retail Management lays the groundwork for understanding and implementing management best practices in the retail industry.
Taught by industry experts, our retail management certificate program examines the fundamental concepts needed for success in the retail business. Utilizing real-world concepts in conjunction with our retail management courses, our certificate program will help you gain the knowledge to become a skilled retail manager, including understand the purchasing profiles of consumers and how to build a dynamic team of merchandise buyers and retail staff.
Take the next step in the advancement of your retail business career with this certificate program.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
- 8 months or less to complete your program
- 8-week course length
- 15:1 student to faculty ratio
- 96.8% career outcomes rate
- 100% Online career-focused curriculum
- Take advantage of our online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Learn from faculty with industry experience who integrate theory with practice
- Acquire real-world exposure through our experiential education model
- Prepare for management opportunities within retail
- Earn credit applicable toward your future JWU undergraduate degree in fashion merchandising & retailing