Are you looking to break into the fast-paced and exciting tourism and hospitality industry? Our 100% online degree in tourism and hospitality management provides a broad-based option for students, incorporating the hotel, travel-tourism and food segments of the hospitality industry with special focus given to travel-tourism.
This program places an emphasis on tourism as the glue that holds the industry together, especially in course offerings and the term-long experiential learning program. The highlight of the degree is the Familiarization (FAM) Tour, a class project that includes planning a trip to a domestic or international destination. Students are required to research, budget, plan, promote and implement the tasks of a tour escort and tour guide.
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
What can you do with a tourism and hospitality degree? As a student in this bachelor’s program, you’ll acquire the ability to:
- Apply the major concepts, skills and values of the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Communicate effectively to diverse audiences, purposes and situations in the travel and hospitality industry
- Use decision–support tools to solve problems and facilitate organizational processes in the travel and hospitality industry
- Identify, analyze and apply critical thinking using industry trends to enhance the guest experience
- Produce travel and tourism plans that have the potential to maximize the positive effect of tourism on a destination
- Benefit from our convenient online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of management and leadership careers in the tourism and hospitality industry
Due to this program’s more generalized curriculum, graduates may be employed in all industry segments, but the emphasis on travel-tourism provides specific career options in destination marketing organizations such as Convention or Visitors Bureaus (CVBs), tourism offices, resorts, tour operators, travel industry suppliers such as airlines, cruise lines or ground transportation, and various international operators.
While pursuing your online hospitality and tourism management bachelor’s degree, you’ll take major courses like:
- Food and Beverage in the Hospitality Industry
- Technology in the Tourism/Hospitality Industry
- Social Media Marketing
- World Geography for Tourism and Hospitality
- Destination Management Organization
- And More
*Graduates of this program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree.
Click here for complete course information for the program.
“It’s all about one-on-one engagement in the online classroom, and the style of teaching requires more dedication on behalf of the professor to individually engage with each student." — Eldad Boker, EdD