As an active member of the United States military, whether you are serving on Active Duty, in the National Guard, or as a Reservist, you're making a great sacrifice to keep our nation safe and protect our way of life. At JWU, we want to show you our appreciation by helping you earn your college degree while minimizing your out-of-pocket expenses.
Even with a rigorous schedule, frequent deployments, or duty-station transfers, you can earn your degree while you serve. Whether you’re stationed stateside, overseas or deployed to an FOB, as long as you have Internet access, you can earn your degree from JWU. With the help of faculty and staff, many whom have also served as part of our nation's Armed Forces, we've designed our online program specifically to fit the demands of your military career. Our 11-week online terms provide you with the time and flexibility you need to balance mission requirements, family obligations, and educational demands. In our online program, you:
- Can study on your own time, as there are no set log in times.
- Have time to work through the course content and really own it, something that is more challenging in shorter online terms.
- Will earn from faculty who have decades of industry-related work experience that they bring with them into the classroom. Click here to find out more about some of our faculty members.
- Will study industry-related coursework designed to prepare you for the civilian workforce.
- Have the opportunity to benefit from internships through our nationally recognized experiential learning model.
To support our active service members we have:
- Reduced our tuition rates.
- Provide required textbooks (digital, e-book or hard copy) at no cost to military service members; however in the case where both digital and hard copy textbooks are available, only digital textbooks will be provided at no cost. Students may opt to purchase the hard copy textbook at their own expense.
- Thoroughly review your military experience and training in order to maximize your transfer credit into your desired degree program.
Find out about what online degree programs are available to you:
General Education Mobile (GEM)
Johnson & Wales University is proud to be a partner school of the Community College of the Air Force’s (CCAF) General Education Mobile (GEM) program. Through the GEM program, Airmen have access to general education courses through our innovative virtual classrooms. Learn more about JWU’s GEM Partnership