The importance of political science is all around us. Engage with questions of power, governance, justice, and injustice in American and global politics through this online political science degree!
This online bachelor's degree in political science will allow students to deepen their understanding of political literacy and communication, civic and global engagement, ethical decision making, and the application of theory to politics. In addition, this major’s three electives—American/U.S. Politics, International and Comparative Politics, and Political Thought, Communication, and Practice—allow students to tailor their studies to their future political science career.
Now enrolling for Summer 2019!
- Complete your degree in four years
- 11-week courses
- Competitive tuition
- Learn from industry leaders
- Career-focused curriculum
Upon completion of this bachelor of science in political science degree, graduates are expected to:
- Analyze a diversity of political systems, movements, issues and the dynamic nature of international relations.
- Apply political theory to the practice of politics and political science.
- Demonstrate fluency in the fundamentals of political communications in a variety of professional contexts and settings.
- Effectively employ qualitative and quantitative research methods as appropriate to data demands and contexts.
- Articulate and integrate core ethical principles and standards that define public service and the professional practice of political science.
- Benefit from our 100-percent online format, designed to fit your schedule
- Take advantage of four convenient start dates that allow you to begin when you are ready
- Participate in experiential education, which gives you real-world exposure
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts with years of professional experience
- Prepare for a variety of careers in business
While pursuing your political science degree online, you’ll take major courses like:
- Introduction to Political Science
- International Relations and World Politics
- Comparative Politics and Government
- American Politics, Policy and Institutions
- And more
*Graduates of this degree program will earn a Bachelor of Science degree
Want to explore careers in this field? Through EMSI’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests. For more information about Political Science careers, click the Career Coach button below.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI). EMSI has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.