MASTER OF SCIENCE – Finance
to complete your degree
student to faculty ratio
career outcomes rate
The Master of Science in Finance degree program prepares students for career advancement in a variety of managerial and professional positions in a wide range of firms. As a result of the changes in the field of finance and the increasing complexity in the market, the modern analyst needs much more extensive training in finance than at any time in the recent past. This program provides students with the knowledge they need to apply complex financial technology for value creation in an ethical manner. Coursework offered by this program may be applied to industry specific certifications.
Ready to take the next step? Start your application today.
This program is offered in collaboration with JWU’s College of Business.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Upon completion of the program, graduates are expected to:
- Apply knowledge of financial theories and practices to solve organizational and consumer economic challenges.
- Apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods to solve financial problems.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills as a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Critique and interpret financial data to assess and improve entity performance within a moral and ethical framework.
WHY EARN YOUR MASTER OF SCIENCE — FINANCE DEGREE WITH JWU?
- Earn your degree at your own pace in as little as 15 months with our accelerated schedule
- Professionally accredited faculty with subject matter expertise worked closely with the thought leaders in the field to design a program that mirrors the needs of today’s market demands
- Embrace the flexibility of a fully online program and take your career to the next level
- If you have a GPA of 2.85 or higher, you are not required to take the GMAT. Learn more about graduate admissions requirements.
- Financial Management
- Personal Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Financial Reporting & Control
- Fundamentals of Investment & Portfolio Management
- And more
*Graduates of this program will earn a Master of Science degree. Johnson & Wales University also offers an online Master of Business Administration — Finance degree.
What Can You Do With This Degree?
Want to explore careers in this field? Through Lightcast’s Career Coach tool, you can browse careers by degree program and get research-backed information on various industries. You can also take an in-depth assessment to determine career suggestions based on your personal interests.
You are now leaving Johnson & Wales’ (JWU) site and going to a site not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any site other than our own.The information provided on the site is provided by Lightcast. Lightcast has indicated to us the information provided is fair and reasonable. We do not make any representations or warranties, nor do we accept liability or responsibility, as to the accuracy or use of the information. Additional links may also be provided, including those relating to employment opportunities.
You are responsible for performing due diligence, such as ensuring the listings are for actual jobs and that your private and personal information are protected, when using or relying on information from any site.